Walking With Drake

One Mother's perspective on autism.

An Award!

What a privilege to be nominated for the  Liebster Award.  My friend over at Ramblings of a Special Mom nominated me for this award.  The Liebster award is an award passed from blogger to blogger. It is so encouraging to meet others who "know" the challenges and fears of this life God gave us. I love those "me too" people.  


I was asked the following questions: 


1. Why did you start blogging?  I started blogging to free up my mind.  I was carrying around this huge burden of Drake's diagnosis and I wasn't quite sure how to introduce this new part of my life to others.  It was an immediate release as soon as I hit the publish button for the first time. 

2. What is your passion?  My passion is teaching.  Teaching teenagers to be exact.  Scary, right?  I'm a bit strange.  Seriously, I love teenagers.  I think sometimes these kids are judged to harshly.  I've given up my passion to care for Drake this year....until as long as it takes.  The last group of kids I taught helped me to get through some very dark days before and after Drake's diagnosis.   They never knew what was going on in my personal life, but they made me laugh every single day.  They will always be very dear to my heart because they walked with me through a very difficult time and helped me to hold my head up high. I tear up when I think about them.  God sent those kids to me, just when I needed them most. 

3. What is something we don't know about you, that is not related to the topic you blog about?  Hmmmm.  This is a tough question for me. I tend to be so private and introverted.  Blogging is easy for me because I can write down thoughts much easier than I can talk about them.  I guess the biggest thing people don't know about me is that I am not a tough guy.  I know that sounds odd, but most people think I'm unapproachable.  I tend to  have a permanent poker face.  I think I'm misunderstood a lot.  This is something I've worked on all my life.  I'm actually a very emotional person, but I tend to keep those emotions in check when I'm around others. 

4. What is your favorite quote, and who wrote it? Romans 8:28  Written by the Apostle Paul. I've seen this verse play out in my life over and over again.  When my husband and I lost my daughter Lexi in 2004, this verse rang true.  God brings this verse to my attention anytime I am struggling, even today.  I'm so thankful that He always shows me the good, in spite of the bad. 

5. What is your favorite blog post that you have written?  How I knew it was Autism.... I wrote this blog because this is the type of thing I wanted to read when I first had questions about Drake's development.  It is so difficult to find blogs, Facebook pages, or people who are willing to lay out what autism looks like in a toddler. 

The following blogs have been such a huge blessing to me.  I hope you will stop by and read what these wonderful parents, mothers, and fathers have to say about life. 

Bacon and Juiceboxes: Our Life With Autism

Not The Former Things

Kieran's Autism Journey


If you are listed above, I am so thankful for you.  Please answer the following questions in your own blog and make sure you nominate others.  Your questions are as follows.


1.  Where do you find most of your support? Online?  Family members?  

2.  What or who inspired you to first begin blogging?

3.  Who is your favorite blogger and why? 

4.  If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be? 

5. Out of all the blogs you have written, which one has touched the most 
    people? 


Love and blessing to Ramblings of a Special Mom for nominating me for this award.  Make sure you  stop by her blog AND her Facebook page, Ramblings of a Special Mom on Facebook





Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment